Thursday, March 29, 2007

What a fascinating place my job took me this week!
I was invited to cover an event at a nearby middle school: an author visit from Priscilla Cummings. She has been living and writing in Maryland for over twenty years, starting with "Chadwick the Crab" and most recently, "Red Kayak."

She was absolutely inspiring. The kids were on the edges of their seats, as were the adults leaning in. I enjoyed the serendipity of interviewing her after her last fans departed. She gave me her contact information to follow up with her regarding the article, essentially inviting me to further conversation.

How delightful! But now I'm nervous too. An award winning writer will be reading this article - yikes! I better give that one an extra round of proofing and editing before submitting it.

Anyway, in researching for that article, I visited the American Library Association's website. What a delicious menu of reading information. If you've never really checked it out, you will want to run out to the library after you look through it.
American Library Association

2 comments:

just me said...

As you know, I used to work in children's books, and one of my favorite things about it was working with authors. Most of them are delightful people who truly care about kids. And I'll never forget the day I met Mr Rogers - he was really a special individual.

AM Kingsfield said...

Ahh, lucky! I love Mr. Rogers!