Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I must have dozed off and awakened in a dream.
Today I was hired to write a blog for a local monthly magazine and then write a column for their magazine based on that blog. Pretty cool, huh?

But wait. It gets better.

The topic of my blog is the suburban singles scene. Can you imagine the grueling research I'm going to have to endure?

I would love to have a laugh over it with you all and tell you more but I can't! Deadlines! Yikes! A lot of them!

I'll tell you more as it comes into being but I've gotta go! I'm still checking in on you guys though. Temporarily, I will be posting less until I get into a new groove here.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Wow!! Sounds to me like you are going to have to research, research, research!! What a tough job........but I am sure you are up to the challenge. Congratulations to you. You are an inspiration.

Lolita's Momma said...

Awesome! Congrats!

just me said...

I'm so glad you're finding something you enjoy - and that people like your work enough to hire you! As we say in the mother tongue, mazel tov.

Miss Bunny said...

I'm so hoppy for you! Much better than going back to school, eh?

Anne said...

so it does pay to be single?

Unknown said...

Yup, sounds like a demanding job. I would love to be a fly on those walls!
Good for you!

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dtodd said...

What would happen if you found someone you liked at the singles club and got married? would you quit your job? Would you keep going to singles clubs (much to your husbands dismay)?

AM Kingsfield said...

I suppose I have to allow that as a possiblity, but it is not an issue that I am anticipating any time soon. I can't imagine wanting to give up my independence.

And, I will be doing more than going to singles clubs anyway - although that will be a fun part of the job!