Monday, March 05, 2007

What are you guys reading lately? I'm between books.
I have at least a dozen books in my stack of books to read, so I don't need to go buy one. It's kind of like exercising. Once your habit is interupted, it takes an effort to get back to it. And when you're into it, you get distracted from everything else.

Here are just a few of my choices:
Living History by Hilary Clinton, seems timely
A Painted House by John Grisham, sure to be a page turner
Lord of the Flies by William Golding - I don't think I ever read it, but I know so much about it already I don't know if I want to read it.
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers - I love the sarcasm
The Stranger by Albert Camus - if it's good enough for George, it's good enough for me
Sarah Canary by Karen Joy Fowler - I don't know what it's about, but it comes well recommended
The Book Borrower by Alice Mattison - definitely chick-lit
Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz - an Oprah book so it is likely sad

whaddaya think?

9 comments:

Lolita's Momma said...

I'm reading "By Myself and Then Some" - By Lauren Bacall.

Unknown said...

I have my father's copy of "Undaunted Courage" starring me in the face. My only reading time that actually equates into a book being read and not used as eye blinds is early in the morning.
I ended up picking up Stephen King's "Skeleton Crew". That just doesn't make much sense, now does it?

just me said...

do you happen to have a copy of Jimmy Carter's book? Hubby and I would like to read it but don't want to contribute financially. We've been on the library waiting list for weeks.

AM Kingsfield said...

He's written a dozen. I don't have any, but will see if one of my kids hasn't cashed in their gift certificates yet ;-)

Miss Bunny said...

I Love Easter Super Jumbo Coloring Book

julie said...

I have already read most of those and would steer you towards the Oprah book club book....Drowning Ruth. It is good and you will like it. I know that so many of her book club books are depressing but they are usually good.

Tracy said...

The Stranger.. ICK! I had to read that in high school.

I recently have read The Glass Castle, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, and I'm currently reading Night.

Anne said...

I've got Penny Vincenzi's Lytton Saga trilogy you can sink into if nothing in your stack is jumping into your hands. Great page-turners about strong women. JustMe, you'd like them too. Who's first?

just me said...

anne, if fern can drop the first one at my house, I'm willing to give it a try. the Jimmy Carter book I refer to is the new one, "Palestine: Peace not Apartheid." Hubby has a professional interest :)