Wednesday, March 07, 2007

In the process of switching around bedrooms upstairs, I unearthed my senior scrapbook. I had forgotten all about it. Thumbing through it I saw the playbill from a senior class trip to see Othello. My note beside it indicated how disappointed I was the Iago, scheduled to be played by Christopher Plummer, was going to be played by the understudy. I remember my disappointment vividly.

I thumbed through the playbill. Othello was played by James Earl Jones. Cassio was played by Kelsey Grammar.

1 comment:

just me said...

I remember that production - I actually saw it at the Shakespeare Festival in Stratford CT - at a reproduction of the Globe Theatre. Plummer and Jones were AMAZING - it was no suprise that they went thru several Desdemonas during that tour. What actress could possible stand up to those two?