Thursday, January 04, 2007

So what topics should you NOT blog about? Recently people have lost their jobs over things they've posted on MySpace and on blogs. So obviously specifics about the job aren't a good idea.

I know many of you use your real names and many don't. Mostly it probably doesn't matter since a name like Julie or Anne isn't remarkably identifiable.

I guess some of the lines to cross depend on your readers - but that's the tricky part. We never really know who's reading. And obviously we want readers. I enjoy the conversation.

I'm afraid if I censor myself too much that my blog will sound like those happy family press releases that people send in their Christmas cards. Really many of those letters are WAY too long. So I have to realize that much of the minutia of my life is mind-numbingly boring to most people.

Some of the juiciest details that are too personal to reveal would make for much more interesting reading.

But I don’t want to embarrass my kids. I have to learn to fictionalize better.

Why do you blog?
Have you ever got in trouble with your blog?

3 comments:

I_love_good_wine. said...

I've gotten in trouble for a lot of things...perhaps you were involved.

Lolita's Momma said...

why do former "delicious desserts" want to screw with your mind when you finally get a wonderful "healthy meal" on your plate?

AM Kingsfield said...

Some desserts are more trouble than others.
Good to hear from you, Wino.