Saturday, December 16, 2006

There is simply too much deliciousness in the world to be thin.

My workaholic, silver-haired neighbor brought me some yeasty bread, still warm from the oven with a side of chocolate chip pecan cookies.

My Irish-Brooklyn neighbor brought me some Irish Soda bread, fresh from the oven.

I know my other Martha Stewart neighbor always delivers melting cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. My mother has gumdrop bread ready for me. I just tried Anne's fruitcake recipe which will have to be the topic of another post.

Don't you think it is not only good manners, but also gastronomically wise to eat fresh baked goodies immediately to enjoy their peak freshness?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LUC-ky!
Wish I lived in your -hood.

Anonymous said...

If people are making your Christmas Cookie Recipe, then it might be downright dangerous (but probably poor etiquette) to eat the cookies.

Also, congratulations on being Time magazine's "Person of the Year'!

Dtodd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne said...

Greeny, if you lived in AM's 'hood, you'd be my neighbor too. Lucky for me! But I live on the other side and am not subject to AM's increases calorie options.

Lolita's Momma said...

I just gained 10 pounds reading this! mmmmm!