Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I have bought two things recently that I apparently haven't had need of in a while: flour and stockings. These were not for the same event, although both were brought about by the holiday season. I will let you decide what that means about me that I haven't bought flour or stockings for the last couple of years.

The experience of buying each was similar. The last time I bought flour I think there were two choices: flour and self-rising flour. Of course I was in a rush. I thought I could just grab a sack and run. (hhmmm, put that sentence in a different context... - nevermind. My mother might be reading.) Anyway, there I was looking at rows of flour: regular, self rising, organic, whole wheat, bread, cake, and various combos of those. sheesh!

Same with stockings: control top, reinforced toe, sandal foot, 4 sizes, 3 shades of black, a variety of textures and seams. When I was trying to put them on I was reminded why I haven't purchased stockings in two years.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I hate stockings and won't wear them. I only wear dresses when I can have bare legs. Blech.

Unknown said...

I feel overwhelmed like your flour excursion when I look at the "goodies" (feminine protection) to find everything needed. Flour is a piece of cake after that, so to speak.
And the panty hose thing..I don't do panty hose and I feel sorry for those who are forced to or want to.

Anne said...

Greeny, I know what you mean, I hate doing that shopping. And who thought wings were a good idea, I want to know his name!