Sunday, December 03, 2006

I have a couple of fun new holiday drink recipes for any festivities you may have coming up. The trick is finding pomegranate juice. I was delighted to stumble on some sparking pomegranate juice at a Trader Joe's. (I love that store.) I thought it might be fun to mix it with champagne or vodka.
I was right.

I polished up my fancy glasses and we tried them each way. I dropped in some pomegranate seeds to a garnish. I like it better light on the juice.



You could do the vodka variation like a martini, strained over ice, or on the rocks.
I have no idea if the champagne I had was “good” champagne, but this effervescent spirit was easy to overdrink. So remember to pace yourself.

I was thinking of calling the fizzy one a “Pomegranate Sparkler.” I was considering calling the martini version “Persephone's Bargain.” Whaddaya think? Too obscure of a reference?

What else are you guys drinking this season?

Bottom's Up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gluhwein and eggnog

Anne said...

Isn't Grenadine pomegranate juice?

I'm drinking chocolate milk.

Unknown said...

I have wanted to try something with pomm juice but I haven't managed to find a bar that is serving it yet. I wished we llived closer although I think it would be risky since we might tend to "try" too many new concoctions, huh?

Unknown said...

Uh, I must be seeing things. That glass looks rather strange to be standing up right.