Monday, December 11, 2006

At what point do you give up on ketchup emerging from the bottle in a restaurant? How aggressive is still within the bounds of appropriate table manners? This was my lunch dilemma today. I didn't want to make a scene with all the slapping. My knife was already dirty, so I didn't feel insertion was an option. Could I stick a fry in the bottle?

I was Christmas shopping today in an artsy old textile mill redone into shops. I try to resist the urge to buy too much for myself, but do indulge in a reward or two. Today I bought the word PEACE to place on my mantle. It was bent metal painted red and sprinkled with fake snow. When I picked it up, I was surprised at its heft. Although it wasn't very expensive, it was more of a burden on the long walk to the car than I had bargained for.

Do you find that peace, though appearing to be affordable and accessible, is more difficult to bring into your home than you realized?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! AM, you always turn something so ordinary into a real thoughtfest!
Nothing right now is affordable for me. BUT.. Peace in my house is not hard to come by. We all love peace, no drama, no squabbling. We love our quiet, personal space and I think it will remain so.