Monday, December 04, 2006

I stuck in one of those Christmas marketing traps. My son, as half of the children in America do, wants the Nintendo Wii for Christmas. Everyone is out. No one knows for sure when their next shipment is coming. No one is letting you reserve one by paying in advance. The clerks who have been able to say how many are in the next shipment have only said a low number, like 6. What are my chances? The on-line sales are either sold out at regular price, or the bidding is around $600. I'm not doing that. I'd rather wrap up a picture of one.

Why do they do this every year and then act surprised?

I have heard that the local Wal-Mart will have 11 Wiis on sale when the doors open at 6am this Wednesday.
How early do you think I should be? I wonder if there will be a line? Should I make my son come stand in the cold with me? It's the only thing he's asked for.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I'm sure you'll find one after Christmas. Give it to him for a Three Kings Day present.

AM Kingsfield said...

Thanks for the specific advice. I'll make more calls in the morning.