Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A new day has dawned in my household. This weekend my 14 year old daughter did all her laundry herself claiming she was tired of waiting. I rejoiced.

I have been updating my resume, which needed major updating after this busy year. My Dear One caught the typo "Business Networking Intentional" rather than "Business Networking International." Good catch, but the error was amusing. I intend to network my business, but often just don't get around to it;-)


My youngest is at the Kennedy Center on a field trip today. In preparation, her music teacher turned the class on to Gershwin. I found this out when I helped her use her iTunes card to download "Rhapsody in Blue" along with the latest by Mylie Cyrus.

7 comments:

just me said...

Good for you! The problem with E is that she never had to wait... so I finally taught her to do it herself, and explained that it is now her responsibility. So now it's up to her to decide when her basket is full - or if she's run out of clothes to wear (because they're all over the floor).

I do still fold, however. (I admit I'm rather fussy about how that chore is done.)

MarkEC said...

I would do my daughter's laundry, fold it and put it in her room for her to put away. Later I would find it stuffed into drawers, on the floor, etc. Now I don't fold it or match up the socks. At 13, she should knows how to do it herself, but has not taken the initiative yet. Maybe next year? ;-)

I thought that was Rhapsody in Blue...what an eclectic mix of music.. you must be so proud! :-)

Mom said...

Necessity will cause a 14 year old to do laundry. Hooray for S
Turning 10 year olds on to Gershwin is a wonderful thing.

Anne said...

Fern will do her own laundry, sort of. I'm trying to get her to get the concept of full loads as to not waste water/electricty.

Unknown said...

Youthful laundry-doing is full of disadvantages as is youthful cleaning or cooking. It can be so much easier for me to do it but what does that teach?
I have a hard time with the mess, waste and general problems of letting them (making them)do it themselves but I'm willing to go through it for the end result.

Gershwin? Wow! And cool!

John said...

My daughters idea of doing laundry is to go to the mall and buy more.

AM, you looking for a job? Wanna be a team truck driver? Big, big, money. You can tell by looking at all the Trucker mansions around the country.

Tracy said...

Is that all you have to do to get your family to do their own laundry? Does that work for husbands, too?