Friday, April 11, 2008

And now for something completely different...

I was doing some background research today for a business highlight magazine assignment for a spa who offers eyebrow threading.
Whuh? (spoken in a Scooby Doo voice)

Am I alone in my ignorance here? Even though the spa owner, who described herself as an "eyebrow artist" gave a quick description, I could not understand it.

I came across this video clip, which I'm hoping was an attempt at humorously informative. I really wish that my friend John the Trucker could replace the voice-over on this 5 minute clip and you would cry with laughter.

Anyway, if you have five minutes to spare considering ancient Persian eyebrow treatments, enjoy.

7 comments:

John said...

Tell you what, AM. If I can get it off the web, I'll give it a try. Ben's got a you-tube downloader. Looks like it could be fun.

just me said...

There used to be a gal at the Bubbles salon in Bowie who was from Turkey and did this service. The first time I saw it, it did look rather strange. But I hear it lasts longer than waxing.

Anne said...

Love the Scooby Doo voice.

What's the price range on this service?

Linda said...

this is hysterical! "the woman spills her guts out.... she is made beautiful and sent on her way" hahahahaha! great find...and who knew people used thread to remove hair? Amazing.

Unknown said...

Yolinna, that's what I was going to comment on!
I would pay for this, no matter the cost. But I highly doubt I could look as good as those girlies when they were done.
I could use a gut-spilling session, tho....

Candy said...

I am astounded. I've never heard of this before. I also found myself chuckling. The voice sounded strangely like Sean Connery to me.

Sarah Tunick Nall said...

Hey!! This is what they tried to do to us on the beach in Cambodia!! They walk up and down the beach trying to do this to girls' legs for about $2!! It's crazy but it works well!! Wish I could do it on my own.