Tuesday, February 05, 2008

On Thursday, I have to give a 10 minute presentation on myself to the business networking group that I joined at my sister's invitation. Next week, I'll have the same time slot to talk about the magazine. That will be easy.

Giving a 10 minute presentation on yourself is kind of a weird thing to do when you think about it. Especially since we're on the second round - and it isn't church or therapy. The first time, my sister & I went together. We invited our mom. Between my sister and my mom, I didn't have to say much, which was kind of cheating. So this time, I have to say more.

The guy who went last week did his automotive history, describing the various cars he's owned throughout his life up 'til now. It was a fun idea and got everyone reminiscing. So I was thinking of using the same approach: the history of my life through....what?
Schools I've attended?
Jobs I've had?
Bands I like?

What?

6 comments:

MarkEC said...

I wish I could be there to hear your presentation. :-)

Let's see - Places you have visited? Music albums or songs that were your favorite at different points in your life? Hairstyles? ;-)

I like the car idea, I could do that.. or cameras I have owned. Computers don't go back far enough.

TAG said...

I had to do something similar a couple of years ago. I used a series of "Wise Things My Grandparents Taught Me".

It turned out well I thought.

I bet yours will be good.

TAG

Dtodd said...

How about vacations you've taken? That list says something about a person I think.

Linda said...

I think "C G 's I've been" would be a great history of your life.

Tracy said...

Hair Styles! :-)

julie said...

I think that it would easiest for me to do the books I have read at pivotal moments. Most of those titles pop right into my head...even the ones from childhood.
I think that you should use photos if you are going to go with hairstyles. You have had some that truly reflected the era....senior year...Farrah Fawcett.
I love you and did your call today. I will try to call soon. Life has been so busy.