Monday, February 11, 2008

My home office wasn't quite as peaceful today as it often is. I am so sick of my basement flooding during a downpour that drastic measures were called for. These measures required a noisy jackhammer and a cloud of dust. The handsome young jackhammerer was added bonus.



This young man and his coworker/father have been re-siding my house for the last couple weeks, despite the cold and windy weather. My 14 year old has been bringing a friend home and working at the kitchen table, I suspect to watch the jackhammerer walking around our backyard. I wonder if he realizes he's being watched.

5 comments:

Linda said...

well, I now officially know I am getting old-- I look at your handsome young jackhammerer and all I can think of is how tight the muscles in his shoulders and neck must be based on his jackhammering posture. Poor kid. He needs yoga real bad. Maybe your 14 year old could show him?

Unknown said...

The young jackhammer is a nice return on your investment.

Sorry you had a mess to contend with. You sounded rather cool about the whole affair so it must not be too bad.

MarkEC said...

And I thought having someone vacuum while I was working was a distraction! :-)

Dtodd said...

So girls like muscular construction guys? Wish I knew that when I was growing up. I had always heard that girls like guys who were good at math.

John said...

I assume your 14 year old is your daughter. I lose track. I hopeit's your daughter. What if the Jackhammerer worked at Hammacher Schlemmer? Would he be a Hammacher Schlemmer Hammerer or a Jackhammacher Schlemmer? Just wondering.