Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I had my first aquatic physical therapy today. I thought it would be easier than the regular exercises, but I was wrong. I have my ankle on ice now, waiting for the ibuprophen to kick in.

Fortunately, the spirit of the group of people recovering in the warm therapy pool is positive & hopeful. The facility is in a sports club and the pool is surrounded by "glass" so there is lots of natural light. The club is back in the woods, which are all in their autumn finest right now.

Instead of counting my reps, I imagined that we were injured woodland fairies taking advantage of healing power of the early morning rain. Much better than five middle aged women whose bodies are backfiring on them, eh?

5 comments:

julie said...

I was afraid the water would be difficult. I know that when I have had injuries and then tried to swim it was killer.
I thought that I commented on your last post but maybe I deleted it by accident...the beginning of that post scared me to death. I am so glad that it isn't diabetes. Tell that little girl that I love her.

Anne said...

all right, lindsay,* you were not in a pool you were in an aqua therapy tank, it wasn't supposed to be easy or fun. ;)
next time take your motrin before you go.

*bionic woman reference.

John said...

If your bodies are backfiring in the pool shouldn't that make it a jacuzzi?

MarkEC said...

Nice image for a rainy day! Wish I could have pictured myself somewhere else while driving into work this morning. You are doing great!

Tracy said...

Glad you are able to get in the pool (sans cast) and I hope you can build up your strength back quickly.