Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I meant to be more sensible tonight.

I just got home from the midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie.
It was so fun! Four theaters were packed. There were capes, hats, and wands in the audience. The audience hushed, cheered, and jeered with enthusiasm.

It's been a while since I read the 5th installment. I know some things weren't exact, but I think most fans will find it wonderful.

I may regret this late night tomorrow, but for now, I'm glad I enjoyed the indulgence with my kids. It is summer after all.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, jeez, now I feel like a heel. My kids were talking about the opening all day. Did I pick up and whisk them off to the opening? No and they would have had a blast doing that!
What a fantastic mom you are.

Mom said...

You were up way too late! It does sound like fun.

MarkEC said...

I went to an opening night show with my daughter at the last Potter movie, but the midnight show... you are the best! Wish we could have joined you... maybe for number 6?

julie said...

The girls went last night and I was dying to go too but I am at work this morning.

Tracy said...

What a fun summer thing to do! Opening night, at midnight at the movies. Very fun. Hope you enjoyed it!

Anne said...

I happened to be in a location where HP4 opened a day before it opened in the US. My daughter was M-ad!

Laura said...

Wow!! That sounds like fun. I remember drive in theaters with my family in the summer. It was so cool!
I plan to take my group to the HP5 soon. It sounds like it was worth the wait!