Sunday, July 08, 2007

I hope you all had a chance to enjoy your 4th of July.
To add to the excitement of the fireworks, I invited the new man in my life, Mark, to meet my children - and then 60 of my closest friends at my party. He was very graceful in such a large crowd of inspectors.
At age 42, I don't really feel the word "boyfriend" is appropriate. "Lover" seems unnecessarily shocking, or simply TMI, and "Friend" seems insufficient. Any suggestions? I'm sure my witty friends can solve this dilemma for me.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I think the kids nowadays would call him "my hookup". I personally like "My Beau" but I'm a bit weird, you know...
And I think you are absolutely right about the shopping, LOL!

Maureen said...

How about MY good friend (insert name) and give him a long smile and stare, people will know. I am home sick today so I started my blog. Its mjsview@blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Not a bad position to be in, huh?

I like Maureen's thought.
I have a similar problem with Wildman. Still.

Glad you have someone to "pal" around with and that he showed promise in crowds!

AM Kingsfield said...

I have used "Beau." And don't worry, Yolinna: weird people are my favorite.

I might give MJ's response a spin. What a fun way to take advantage of a sick day. Nice new blog!

It has been a lovely dilemma, Greeny.

Miss Bunny said...

Burrow buddy?... Field frolicker?... Hopping hopeful?