Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I am at my favorite local beach town: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Every year here, things change - I guess just like everywhere. It is just that when you only come once a year, the changes seem so dramatic.

The shops and restaurants have all seemed to shift around this year. My favorite quirky store, Abizak's, is gone from the beach. It doesn't seem right. I had to drown my disappointment with a pitcher of margaritas from Dos Locos which is in that same space now. I suppose if it had to go, it was thoughtful of them to replace it with margaritas.

At least the candy apple stand is still there.

6 comments:

julie said...

Sorry that I didn't call back last night. The girls were jealous that you were in Rehoboth. We have been grieving our beach times. I will call later today...hopefully.

Laura said...

I have never been to Rehoboth, but have heard that it is lovely. And obviously the people are thoughtful, replacing your favorite store with margaritas. How nice for you!!
Enjoy the sand and sun. :-)

Anne said...

I guess we won't be walking tomorrow morning. D'oh!

Mom said...

"candy apple girl?"

Linda said...

Please tell me Insights is still there! And the Frog Pond--dollar shooters! Ummm. I like Rehobeth a whole lot too :) Hope you are having fun in spite of the having to drink the margaritas instead of shop.

AM Kingsfield said...

I shopped in Insights and got a lucky parking place right in front of the Frog Pond.