Thursday, May 03, 2007

The cover story of the latest issue of US News & World Report, which I subscribed to as one of my Brownie fundraisers, is about traffic. The article has a ranking of the worst counties in America for traffic. Numbers 1-4 are all NYC feeders. Numbers 5&6 are DC feeders - #6 being the county I live in.

No wonder.

I have logged a lot of hours in the car lately that probably don't correspond well with the number of miles I've traveled. I am so glad I got a hybrid with gas at $3 a gallon. (I'm averaging about 48 mpg!) I keep a lot of convenience items in the car for traffic snarls.

I have lately resumed listening to books on CD which sometimes make me glad the ride is extended.
I keep a swiffer duster in my car and sometimes run it over the dashboard. I gather trash. I apply lotion.


What do you do when stuck in traffic?

4 comments:

Anne said...

Play Mahjong or Hot Lines on my palm pilot.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I cuss.

John said...

Watch the people going by since I'm usually in the slow lane and either listen to my book or my mp3's on my phone.

Candy said...

Ya know, I live in Abilene and there's just no traffic here to speak of. I'm not sure if having no traffic is a blessing or not. Sounds like you get a lot done while waiting. My car could use a good dusting and there are some books on cd I wouldn't mind hearing! It all depends on how you look at it, I suppose.