Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Today is my mother’s birthday. She is 50-16, a beautiful age. Before I took her out for a perfect lunch on the brick patio of the Sly Horse tavern, I joined her for her weekly devotional gathering called “Health & Healing.” I have heard her talk about these intimate gatherings. It was her birthday and she invited me, so I went.

I know why she goes. I think it has been a long time since anyone literally prayed over me. It felt like crawling up into my mother’s lap.

My mother has given me many gifts over the years. Health and Healing is just today’s.

5 comments:

John said...

Mothers. One of the more phenomenal acts of God. I know your mother and she is a lot like mine. It is great to have a mother that is now a friend. And Happy Mother's Day to you as well, Miss Ann

Mom said...

I'm glad you could share it with me. I love you

just me said...

What a lovely post... you're a lucky gal. To have your mom still and to be so close (both physically and emotionally). I miss mine every day, even 3 years later.

Off-topic: check out today's Wash Post blog "On Balance." Would be curious to know what you think.

Mary Kate said...

you're getting very good with that camera.

Candy said...

Health and Healing. Sounds a lot like Soaking. It is glorious!