Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Did any of you play with Matchbox cars? We had those orange track strips that you could link together. We started the ramp on top of Mom's china cabinet, put a loop in it, and sent cars way off down the hall. (Did you know about that Mom?)

Well, I think all the kids who played with those are now buying cars. It seems I keep seeing cars with flames on the front, big wide racing stripes running down across the top of the car, bright colors with fancy paintwork. Whenever I see one, I want to ask the driver if they played iwth Hot Wheels.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I didn't know.I think it's good that I did know all the things you were doing that I didn't know.

MarkEC said...

I still... oops used to play with matchbox cars. Had the jump that launched them across the room. Never had the urge to have a car with big stripes on it though... humm.. I need a new car soon... maybe?

John said...

I played with them for hours. I have a friedn at church that still collects them. Some of the older ones are a hot commodity. Now I play with big trucks.