Friday, January 02, 2009

I hope everyone has had a great holiday. We've had a houseful and it had been fun, with more fun to come. There's a mess to clean up. It took me half an hour to sort and haul my trash to the curb this morning, but well worth it.
I'll have to tell you about our adorable new kittens (I know, I know - what was I thinking?)
my annoying basement flood (water line from the refrigerator kinked and leaked)
my mini-DC getaway with Mark (Brazilian restaurant, Library of Congress, Slumdog Millionaire & Doubt)
and Christmas and New Year's

But I'll stop now with, I wish you happiness and peace in the year to come.

4 comments:

John said...

It sounds like you had a good time. I'm happy for you. It still amazes me that people can enjoy themselves when I am not around. But I'm happy that they have found a way. Good for you. Keep it up. Call me whenever you're ready for your party to go through the roof.

Dtodd said...

Maybe I should know this, but what does Slumdog Millionaire & Doubt mean?

Miss Bunny said...

Kitties! Oh boy! Do I need to come help train them? What do they look like? And a Happy New Year to you!

AM Kingsfield said...

Slumdog Millionaire is an Indian film about a teenager from the lower caste who, after a tragic life, gets a big break on their version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire."

Doubt is about a a power struggle between a nun and a priest at a Catholic school in the early 60's. Both good, thought provoking movies that we got to see at one of those artsy theaters in DC. The suburban multiplex only seems to get Adam Sandler movies and action flicks.