Thursday, September 18, 2008

How much work do you have to do before you can do your work?

You know how you have a task you set out to complete, but first you have to look something up. And you have to find those notes you took. So you have to clear away the stack piling up by your computer. And you realize that you forgot to send this in that is due tomorrow morning. Then you are interrupted by some minor catastrophe in the next room. And then you have to take this phone call about tonight's carpool.

And an hour, a whole day goes by and the main part of your work, the part that they are paying you for, is still left undone. Do you just feel like you are treading water?

6 comments:

Anne said...

You need an office so your only distractions are the ones you want to have.

Anne said...

At home I get sidetracked all the time.

Linda said...

jeez welcome to my day...

MarkEC said...

Oh how I can relate to this! :-)

John said...

I would post a comment but I can't take the time. I have work to do.

Unknown said...

I would like the energy just to start the jobs I need to do to get to the original job.
#1 pet peeve- interruptions.