Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My ten year old just says whatever pops into her mind.

A couple days ago, in my lap, she put both hands by the part in my hair and bent my head down so she could get a closer look.
"Mommy," she nearly gasped, "do you dye your hair?"
"Yes I do."
"Do you dye your roots?" she asked with instructive ridicule.
I explained how dye jobs grow out, exposing undyed roots.
"Well, there's gray in there!" she pointed out with restrained alarm.

You should see my new hairdo. I told my beloved, tattooed, alpaca-farming hairdresser that I was bored of my hair. I'm certainly not now! I'm sure you'll catch a glimpse of it on Mark's blog next week.


Last month, my ten year old asked my ex-husband and my boyfriend if they were going to arm wrestle. No sense ignoring an elephant in the room.

7 comments:

julie said...

I want to see your hair. Send me a picture by email. How is my old hairdresser? She always made getting your hair cut interesting.

Dtodd said...

So who won the arm wrestling contest?

Unknown said...

Cracking up here! But not about the hairdo.
I can't wait to see!

just me said...

I'm bored with my hairsytle too - it's gotten too middle-aged mom for me. But I haven't figured out what to do wit it yet. Can't wait to see your new "do."

Gary & Laurel Cox said...

I'm bored with my hairstyle too...

Mom said...

God gives us children to keep us humble.

Sarah Tunick Nall said...

Kids do say the darndest things!!
You can always count on them for blunt honesty!! Wow - London!! It is a great place to see!
I should be home in MD sonetime after you return (granted you don't stay for a month!)See you soon!! HAVE FUN!!