Sunday, June 01, 2008

I hate calling my children's friends' parents and telling them that their child probably needs stitches to a head wound incurred at my home.
The first was Just Me's son, blood spurting from the back of his head.
The next, Anne's daughter. "Ms. Ann, I think I cut myself. Is it bleeding?"
(aaahhhh! I hate trying to be the calm adult in these situations.)

My son is now traveling with recently mitzvahed buddy to sit with him while he gets probably only a couple of stitches over his eye. At least this injury was calm. If it leaves a scar it probably won't even be that bad.

Do you have any good childhood scars? (Not the emotional kind)

6 comments:

Mom said...

I do have a nice scar on my knee from the time I was playing cowboys and Indians and I stabbed myself with a knife. I have now had so many knee surgeries that the scat just blends with all of the rest.

just me said...

Happily, D was none the worse for wear... his mom was just glad this happened AFTER the bar mitzvah!

Anne said...

I think you should bubble wrap your house.

John said...

Speaking of scars, I find it an interesting fact that those of us with the "polio/school administered" shot on our arms, remember those, are fading out. All my kids have asked why my wife and I have the exact same round scar on our arms. I told them it's from fighting each other with car cigarette lighters when we were dating.

MarkEC said...

I have one on my nose to remind me to keep from getting sunburned too often. The rest are all emotional. ;-)

Unknown said...

None from childhood, just a stoopid biking scar on my knee from my early 20's when a curb was much higher than I could possibly jump on a ten speed. It's filled in nicely with flab since then....