Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I'm finally returning to clarity after a couple weeks on some really wonderful pain-killers. I am now only taking them at bedtime. This afternoon I get my stitches out and a real cast on. My kids have already claimed certain areas for decorating rights.

My refrigerator is bursting at the seams with church-lady cooking. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful support network. My kids have thanked me for breaking my leg, the food has been so delicious: curry chicken salad, kaluah chili, vegetarian chili, sausage lasagna, chicken gumbo, South Beach zucchini-meatball pasta, struesel cake, chocolate chip cookies & muffins, friendship bread... I'm going to have more than physical therapy to do after 6 weeks of this delicious lovin'.

I am only just beginning to get to the stir crazy part. I have had some work to catch up on to distract me and many visitors. But I anticipate being ready to get outta this house soon. First, I am just looking forward to going upstairs. A shower would certainly be nice too. My girlfriends have helped me wash my hair al fresco.

I am so fortunate to have had my parents in town, ready to do whatever I need. My house is cleaner than it has been in ages, thanks to Mom. She is realizing that the laundry piles were part of our clothing storage system, as she has gotten further ahead in laundry than I ever did. Dad has networked my laptop to my PC so I can get all my documents. He's taking over my son's science fair project for me and driving to lacrosse games & practice. Fortunately, they have been assisting me in eating this mountain of good cookin'.

I'm looking forward to catching up on your lives & blogs. Thanks for being there for me.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Your son is totally hooked up if your dad is helping him with his science fair project. Your ankle injury is clearly his gain. :-) Not that I doubt your science prowess..but you can't go wrong when you put science with your dad.

Enjoy all of the wonderful cooking!

just me said...

Glad to be of help - hope the kids didn't mind the meat-free chili!

Hubby is still planning to visit you Mon - after our new garage opener is installed.

Yell if you need anything - even just a ride in the country.

MarkEC said...

Maybe I can help with the stir crazy part.. and maybe with some leftovers? :-)

Candy said...

Oh man you make breaking bones sound like heaven. jk I know it's bad, but hey, there are some fringe benefits.

Gnomeself Be True said...

Hi there,
I followed you here from greeny's place.

I am at this very moment thinking of ways of injuring myself...just enough...but not too much.

Unknown said...

We never think we are going to be in a position to need people's help like this. Sure is nice they show up when you need 'em, huh? And you have a some dandy ones.
Sending healing thoughts your way!

Guess you are catching up on some reading, right?

John said...

When I had my surgery I was really enjoying the drugs. Way more than I should have. I was actually cut off by the nurses. That was some good stuff. I am more and more encouraged by your laundry system. Piles here and there. So we aren't alone in the world.

Linda said...

I miss you.