Saturday, September 01, 2007

I just poured 8 beers down the drain. Five of them were Bud Light cans that have been living in my fridge I think since January. Someone else bought them to my house. I have put them out at every possible gathering, but apparently they are just not appealing to many. But how can you throw away beer?

The other three were new guys: Miller Chill – Chelada style. What the hell is “chelada style”? Again, they were brought beers (is it beer or beers? Is it like deer?) that looked promising in their festive summer bottles. But honestly, they, left an aftertaste of vomit in my mouth. I really didn’t want to serve them. I couldn’t drink one, despite the good will with which they were brought to my home.

So today I was getting ready to move them back from a cooler into the fridge and decided I didn’t want these dead-weight beers around anymore. Time to make a decision, to make room in my fridge for drinks I enjoy. I feel mildly relieved.

Have you been having a hard time parting with things you are not crazy about?

5 comments:

Dtodd said...

Have you been having a hard time parting with things you are not crazy about?

Perfect set up for an "ex" joke.

Unknown said...

A big chuckle about dant's comment.

Seems like a missed opportunity to make a bunch of beer bread. MMmmm.

Mostly I do what you did- hope they can be used sooner or later but finally get fed up with them hanging around and then ditch them. Some items can be thown out right away with no anguish.

The Miller Chilada wasn't bad, I didn't think but I had been working outside in 90 degree heat and I guess anything cold might have been good.

John said...

Do kids count in that category?

Anne said...

you coulda made beer battered onion rings!

Linda said...

We have the same beer/wine issue at our house--we just take them to the next get together. And then they bring them back. With more. Sigh.