Wednesday, September 05, 2007


Greeny & Anne jinxed me for getting a good night's sleep. I got to bed late anyway last night. My youngest daughter was already asleep in my bed. Just as I had gratefully dozed off, Suzy began channeling an ancient incarnation of herself, speaking in Atlantian or some other ancient, long-forgotten tongue. It was almost coherent. Maybe it would have been more so if I had been fully awake. Whatever she was saying, she was saying it passionately, leaving me only one clue in English at the end. "The jockey will know" she stated before lapsing back into sleep.
What jockey? Her step-mother rides horses. Does she know something about my daughter? Were they related in a past life?

4 comments:

Mom said...

She is definatly her mother's child! Your asleep conversations were always passionate and confusing.

Unknown said...

Better to have incoherent mutters than snoring, moaning and smacking. I don't think a thumb is involved, btw.

Perhaps she is dreaming about horse racing and winning the big purse. Quick, ask her if she remembers names of horses,???

MarkEC said...

That would be something I would expect to hear from my daughter! Such as peaceful photo... makes me sleepy :-)

Dtodd said...

She's probably reading a Dick Francis mystery.