Tuesday, June 05, 2007

They let me preach at my church again last Sunday.

You know how you always think of the right thing to say later that day when you are lying in bed? Well, being given the opportunity to preach is a weird kind of notice to avoid that situation. I knew that if I stood in this spot, in this room, at this time, on this day, 150 people were going to listen to me. So I could head off the "I shoulda said" at the pass.

Since I have an in with the website manager at my church, not only is the sermon posted, but the audio is available. (Thanks Dad.) I listened to it and was relieved that the mic didn't pick up my pounding heart. I learned how to fake not being nervous as a teacher.

"Daring Questions"

5 comments:

just me said...

Good for you! I don't know how hubby comes up with something to talk about every week (well, at least 40 out of 52).

just me said...

I just read it - wow!
Do you ever think about aspiring to the pulpit? Don't laugh - stranger things have happened. I know firsthand that it takes more than a good sermon to make a good clergyperson... but you do seem to have many of the qualities that it takes. Don't rule it out, even at your advanced age :)

MarkEC said...

Always nice to know the webmasters :-)
Great job on the sermon.. it is a wonderful message, very well delivered.

julie said...

I am sad that I wasn't there to hear it in person.

John said...

A phenomenal job! It was so neat to hear your voice again. I loved your sermon. I would go to your church. Maybe you should start your own. "Ann's Church of Further Enlightenment." You would be doing a great service to the world.