Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I don't know if it is karma, or providence, but someone is sending a message to me today.

Had Plan A gone according the script, today would have been my 20th wedding anniversary and I would be packing my bags for Tahiti. I'm hardly moping around about the significance of today, too busy with all the blessings in my life.

One of those blessings is a fun job as the School Columnist. The job I am covering today of all days, is the installation of a "Peace Pole" at a school as part of a Bronze Award project for a local Girl Scout Troop. The pole, like hundreds of thousands around the world, says in several languages, "May Peace Prevail on Earth."

Hhhmmm.
Some days peace is easier to achieve than others.

5 comments:

just me said...

Another one of those blessings - awards night at school. You were very nice to let the "ex" sit by you. Do you find that difficult?

AM Kingsfield said...

I've usually got my mask on pretty tight. I try to focus on the good things that have come out of the relationship. Letting my anger spill doesn't help anything or improve anything. I save that for my dearest friends.

MarkEC said...

It's great to be able to show that kind of support for the kids.

John said...

You wouldn't want to be in Tahiti this time of year anyway. The weather is awful there right now what with meteor showers and firey hail falling, the drinks are way overpriced and watered down and you can't get a good house keeper to change your sheets without expecting a $40 tip. The ocean is red right now and the waves are completely unpredictable which throws the surfing way off. the only good thing in Tahiti this time of year is that the Toenail Clipping festival is going on and the collages made from old clippings are unbelievable to see. But you can see that on the net. Good thing you didn't waste all that money.

AM Kingsfield said...

Wow, the help in Tahiti sounds vaguely like my children. Too bad about missing that festival though.

You could always make me laugh.