Monday, June 04, 2007


Here is a picture of the Lab that recently processed the ring I purchased last fall at Tiffany's in NYC.

I couldn't believe it, it all happened so fast. I was interviewing a photographer for a magazine article. He had asked that I conduct the interview at his house due to the new puppy. Cute dog, but a rambunctious, not-yet-trained cutie.

I extended my hand for her to investigate and she just reached up and pulled off my ring, that was apparently not sized accurately.

The photographer and his wife valiantly tried to save the ring - and their dog, but stood and faced me, stricken, when they realized what happened.

"Your dog just got more valuable," I said, trying to lighten the moment. "I want that ring back."

I have heard of the ring's safe return. I inquired and was satisfied that the sanitation process was adequate.

I picked that ring because of its symbolism: a heart, a little squished, but still beautiful. So it is appropriate that the ring went through a little shit. I just meant that to be a metaphor.

Would you wear it?

6 comments:

Anne said...

Take it to your dentist and have it autoclaved.

AM Kingsfield said...

I wonder how that would affect sterling?

MarkEC said...

This is the process that makes Luwak coffee so expensive and people DRINK that at $160/lb. Makes your ring truly unique... I think an alcohol bath would be sufficient (and shouldn't hurt the sterling)

Tracy said...

After some bleach and alcohol... and buying it at Tiffany's in NYC.... yeah, I'd wear it.

John said...

Doesn't sound like it would go with my earrings.

Candy said...

I'd wear it in a heartbeat. After your description of the symbolism, I believe the ring has become more valuable.