Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Today I spent an hour driving around trying to get to a place to work. I went to the new job site, but took a couple of wrong turns getting there. When I finally found it, the guys weren’t there. They had cancelled because it was a windows job and it was snowing and raining today. So I called and they directed me to their next stop, but first they had to stop at the hardware store. I ended up taking a scenic drive through some farms to the next site. I saw a field covered with a fresh layer of snow where a flock of Canadian Geese were having their breakfast. I made a pit stop on my way and gave a lost woman directions back to the highway. I beat the guys to the jobsite, but fortunately had my laptop so I could start my daily blog.

So here’s what I learned today.
- You may start out your journey headed for one destination and realize that you are going in the wrong direction.

- When you try to reach an alternative destination, look around. There is probably something beautiful on the way that you will miss if you let frustration get the best of you.

- If you can help someone on the journey, then the wrong turns weren’t in vain.

- Be prepared to do some time waiting for things to start. You can’t always start when you want to or when you are ready. You have to wait for all the players to come together.

- You may end your journey at a completely different place than you expected, but enjoy the ride.


That was a little deep for Construction Girl. But there’s more to construction workers than meets the eye. That’s another lesson too, isn’t it?

1 comment:

Anne said...

Either you met up with your guy and his big tool box or your double entendres are too deep for me to catch today. (Maybe I'm having a blonde moment.)