Thursday, February 16, 2006

aarrggghh!
I may learn some construction skills quicker than I learn blogging skills. I went to edit my original post and seem to have lost half of it. And it had all the funny double entendres!
So if I can't find it, I'll have to recreate it. shoot.

Kinda like doing trimwork today. Sometimes when you trim a piece too much, you make it unusable. Then you have to start over with a new piece of wood - or a blank blog page. And it doesn't matter if it is an eigth of an inch you are trimming, or just one misspelled word: once you screw it up, you can't use it. I am amazed at how many areas of life overlap.

Except for this technical glitch, I had a great day today. My kids brought me breakfast in bed for my birthday. The coffee spill blends in quite nicely with the pattern on my comforter. It was dry by bedtime. So I can put off laundry for another day.

Work was fun again. Because they are at the stage in the job where the work shows, I am doing a lot of observing. But the guys have been great about answering questions and calling me over when something interesting is going on. It probably isn't accurate to call these craftsmen "construction workers." But using the term broadly, if more construction workers were as nice as these guys, I bet more women would go into the field. Maybe those early pioneering women working in traditionally male jobs have helped to create a new generation of open-minded construction workers. My hard hat is off to you all. (If I actually got to wear one of those, that is.)

Or maybe it's just that guys just like to talk about their tools. Again, that is one of those comments that overlap different areas of life.


I went to dinner at a friend's for my birthday. She got me a toy tool set. It had a hard hat too! woo hoo!

If you read the first uncut post and you remember a particular part to help me recreate it, you are welcome to remind me with a comment. I know there was a lot about screws.
Thanks!

No comments: