Sunday, February 19, 2006

My original agreement about working on the job sites was that I'd do it when my kids were in school. Tomorrow they're off, but I'm hiring a babysitter. (Thanks Eve!) It's great to have a job that's so cool you don't want a day off. If you don't have a job that is that cool, I'm sorry for you. Maybe you should work on that.

One of the days last week we had a bit of a delay because we had to wait for some sub contactors to finish sanding the drywall. The sanding is such a mess that we had to wait until they finished. So I took the opportunity to photograph some of the tools for the future web site.

Stan, being the helpful gentleman that he is, was happy to show me his tools. (I know, we all laughed too!) He opened a tool box of plumbing tools and laid them out, naming them as he went. I asked what each was for until at one point he had to say "tightening nuts." Boy do I need one of those! When he pulled out two other widgets, or hoochies as he likes to call widgets, he was still blushing from the previous double entendre. I asked what the widgets were and his blush deepened.

"You know," Stan said stepping back from the tools like they were stolen merchandise he didn't want his fingerprints on, "I'm not even going to tell you what they're called. You'll have to wait and let Don tell you." Isn't he a sweetie?

Don't you know, I was so distracted by the fun photo shoot that I forgot to ask Don what they were called. I'll have to ask tomorrow.

I don't know if the job I go to tomorrow will be at the same kitchen remodel or the same crew. That's been fun and I like the guys, but it would be fun to get on a site that involves a little plumbing. Just think of the writing material about pipes and nuts!

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

Is that a bad thing?
I try to be actually helpful and really learn things.
But I like to help them sort their tools. And they don't seem to mind if I just watch either.
You see, it's hard to avoid.