Saturday, February 07, 2009

My dear friend Julie is here for a visit. To prepare for her visit, I had to clean out the arts and crafts cabinet enough to clear off the dining room table so we could put out a jigsaw puzzle. I love jigsaw puzzles. They are a great conversation enhancer.

We have a few days, so I put out 1000 piece garden puzzle. But this time I have an added challenge I hadn't counted on: kittens. They think it is for them. And they like those pieces to be free and off the table. We've taken to putting a towel over the puzzle when we take a break. I've been down on the floor with a flashlight, fishing pieces out of the air register.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Have a great time!
I know you guys will enjoy each other.

John said...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

Anne said...

I love puzzles! I'll be over to help...

Maureen said...

Tell Julie I said hello!

AM Kingsfield said...

I had to pack the puzzle away. Every morning the kittens had sabotaged our work. We'll have to wait until they are older and I have them better trained, darnit.

But of course, it was great to see Julie.