Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It took me 45 minutes to vote. I usually wait no more than four or five people to check in before walking right up to a booth. Today was fun, waving to neighbors, taking to people in line We held the space for the lady in front of us who wasn't able to stand for so long. I took my daughters with me. They were both excited and argued over who got to push the Obama button. There was hardly any electioneering. Everyone was eager, but calm. We went straight to Starbucks for our free coffee.

I woke up excited today, like it's Christmas and I'm ten. I can't wait to watch the news tonight. I'm having a hard time concentrating.

And so sad about Obama's grandma. What a jumble of emotions he must be experiencing.

How was your voting experience today?

8 comments:

just me said...

DH said he saw you at the polls. I was there just after 7 am, and the line was all the way to the public library. Took just over an hour.

I agree that everyone was in very good humor... and the only flyer I was handed was about slot machines. I guess everyone assumes our county will go for Obama.

There was definitely a sense of excitement in the air.

Maureen said...

I went with my two oldest sons, we got there at 7am and voted at 9:15. The time went by quickly. Joe wanted me to vote next to him and say loud things like "I'm your mother thats why" or "vote for whom ever you want but I can still take you out" We laughed alot this morning.

Mom said...

Dad went at 7 this morning and waited about 90 minutes. I just went about 2:30 this afternoon. I was in and out with no wait at all. I am planning to stay up late and watch the returns.

MarkEC said...

Took me just a few minutes but a steady stream of people coming into the polling station. I heard there was a long line when the opened up at 7 am. Everyone seemed in good spirits.

Anne said...

30 minutes, i guess i just missed you, and justme's dh, too. Saw your neighbor, though. Did you get your bottle of water?

Dtodd said...

No line for me at 5:00. It took 5 minutes total.

Laura said...

I walked right in and voted, but I was told that we had a record turn out at my polling place. No fliers, as it is not permitted there.
I will also stay up late and watch the returns. Go Obama!

Linda said...

I got right in and out... What a glorious day :)