Sunday, November 02, 2008


How vivid are your dreams?
Mostly, mine fade away quickly. I have to be deliberate if I want to remember them. However, there are a few that I've remembered for years and years. The weirdest I have to run by my personal dream analyzer, Julie. Her intuition seems right on.

How often does work figure into your dreams?

When I was a waitress, I dreamed that as far as I could see were tables. People kept sitting down. I was the only waitress and there was a complication, like my shoes kept falling off. Once or twice, I actually got out of bed to go get some sour cream or mustard.

When I was a teacher, the dream was similar. Students kept coming into the room. They were lining the room since there weren't enough desks. I was standing at the door, watching them arrive, and noticing an adult in a suit setting up to make a formal observation of my teaching. I didn't know what class it was.

As a mom, I got out of bed to pick up a backpack that was leaking coke. I woke up and was mad I wasn't still sleeping.

How about your dreams? Does work creep into them?

3 comments:

Anne said...

i dream about running places and never getting anywhere, work people crop up in them on occasion, but not dreams about work so much.

Miss Bunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Bunny said...

Last night I dreamed a bear was chewing my foot, another was lurking nearby and a huge snake with large yellow bumps on its back was slithering down my back, starting at my neck... and it was under my skin. I woke up in a sweating and aching all over. Later I dreamed I was drinking a Snowcap Ale with a couple of friends.