Friday, August 22, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Everyone's excited about school starting again. I've been school supply shopping and of course to American Eagle.

I remember in high school I had one pair of Calvin Kleins and one pair of Gloria Vanderbilts. Did I ever have Jordache? Anyway, we were mostly Sears with a dash of brand name labels. I appreciate that I can fill out most of my kids' wardrobes at Target.

What was your favorite item of clothing when you were trying to be cool in school?

4 comments:

just me said...

I loved those jeans that looked like they were made of hundreds of square patches, with bell bottoms large enough to cover your shoes.

As to my kids, aside from a couple of pairs of jeans each, they are not getting any new clothes until the weather changes... they have plenty of stuff for now. (BTW, no-one's complaining.)

As for me, I'm not looking forward to the resumption of the full schedule.

Unknown said...

I got a real pair of Chic jeans when I turned sixteen from my cool older sister. Before that I didn't have any jeans. That's also when I could start wearing makeup. I felt like a million dollars.
It's pretty much the same with my kids as just me's except for some new shoes. It will be at least October before they will need something more.

Laura said...

I remember getting my first pair of Levi's--button fly!--when I was a Junior. That was really cool.

My kids seem like they always need everything. My son doesn't really care about pants, shorts, etc, but he really likes Hollister and Aeropostale shirts. Thank goodness they have sales there. I could not afford them if they didn't! My oldest would be happy with whatever from wherever. My youngest wants to make a daily fashion statement....Oh boy!! She is starting Junior High this year, and it is all about the look. Again, I am grateful for sales. buy one get one is right up my alley!

John said...

White painters overalls with a bandana hanging out the back pocket. Or a Levi's jean jacket. With the buttons, NOT the snaps.