Sunday, August 17, 2008



I took my two oldest kids and their teenage guests visiting from Ohio on the Annapolis Ghost Tour last night during the full moon. It was quite enjoyable, despite their young fears that it might be too much like a history class. I often lingered at the sight for a photo, hoping to catch a ghoulie on film. At the scariest house, I got spooked, cold, goosebumps, and ran to catch up. They have a haunted pub crawl that I want to sign up for next - especially if I have booked a room in one of the centuries old haunted inns right there by the State Capital.

Have you ever encountered a ghost? Do you believe in them? I haven't knowingly encountered one, but I believe in them. That's why I can't watch those scary movies.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We went to the Georgetown? ghost tour back in '05 when E's school class went. I LOVED it!
The pub crawl sounds even better.

I think you guys do some of the coolest things for fun. You're lucky for all that you are close to.

Anne said...

I hope you can come out some time soon!

Mom said...

I have felt the "presence" of my mother many times but have never seen her or any other ghost. I believe is the Holy Ghost, so a assume there are probably some less than holy ghosts around too,

Laura said...

I do believe in them, but have never encountered one. I do believe that when my father passed away, he was trying to contact me. My cell phone would get strange voice mails, no call, just a voice mail--you could hear something, not exactly words. It was strange. I got probably three or four of them. I let people hear them to make sure they were hearing the same thing I was. STRANGE!!

carmilevy said...

Found your link on Anne's site and followed it home. How cool to meet another writer!

I used to work in an old mansion that had been lovingly converted into office space. The renovation was very respectful, and they managed to maintain the character of the place. So much so that I treated it like a house, often walking around in my socks.

After hours, though, many employees swore they had had experiences with ghosts. I never did - despite many late nights at work - but I'm not so arrogant as to simply dismiss their experiences. You never know, and there's got to be more than just...us.