Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Another sweaty attic improvement shift has produced some archival treasures. I found my 8th & 9th grade yearbooks, and various old snapshots that are an interesting comment on the pre-digital days of photography.

The first inscription in my 9th grade yearbook is from someone named Karen who I'm not sure if I remember. She wrote,
"It was nice knowing you in school, but it was kind of weird..."

Some of the signatures admonish me to remember cryptic, inside jokes that must've been funny 28 years ago.

"We really should get together and make another Hoffman cake sometime."
"We finally got rid of Mims & Zocks, but look at all the trouble you got into with Duck."
"Too bad I had to hear all your stories from Ann-Margaret, Mary, & Sange. They really gave me a bad impression of you!"
"Remember the tin soldier and 'Where's your passport?'"

I see I haven't grown up at all in 28 years.

4 comments:

John said...

I figured you'd have problems with Duck. should have followed my example and brought a grill along.

Anne said...

John: I thought you got those grills from a Walmart truck?

Mom said...

I remember 8th & 9th grade. It was kinda weird.

Unknown said...

Ack, yearbook code talk.
I was always an outsider!
There were things written in my yearbook but it was never as cool and obscure as what you got. Hehe.