Wednesday, February 17, 2010


The kids are in school. I spent some time this morning washing socks and towels and hats and mittens left abandoned by the doorways.

I'm drinking a cup of Tulsi Tea, made with Holy Basil, that I bought this morning at MOM's, My Organic Market, that just opened in town. Yippee! Now I don't need to drive to Annapolis for my organic products. Linda gave me a cup of this tea last week and I loved it, but my grocery store doesn't carry it.

Speaking of Linda, yoga was fun last night, despite my embarrassingly squeaky old bra. (No wonder I hadn't worn it in a while.) There were only six of us in her cozy home studio. Near the end we all stood in a circle, holding hands while we did tree pose. Then we all bent forward into Brave Warrior. I'm sure we looked beautiful.

We stretched and meditated at her home studio because there was a pancake dinner at the church to kick off the Sue Cobb Memorial Scholarship Fund. Somehow, I think Sue would have loved this event happening on Mardi Gras.

Mardi Gras fell on my birthday this year, giving me double the excuse to eat cake, and brownies, and margaritas. I was well-wished all day. My kids did the dishes and baked me a cake. Mark promised to build me three compost bins, which I've been thinking and thinking about since I've been writing an article on composting.

Tonight we are going to one of my favorite restaurants for their signature Crab Bomb. Mmmmmmmm.... We'll all feel my nephew's absence from the family dinner, but we wish him well in basic training for the Air Force.

My foot is doing better all the time. Now I just need the snow to melt and the sun to shine.

4 comments:

just me said...

glad to hear things are going well for you these days. happy birthday one day late!

haven't made it to MOM's yet... I'll try to get there this weekend. I have been buying organic milk at Giant - is it legit?

SO glad the kids are finally back in school! Even E was ready to return. Four AP classes will do that to you :)

TAG said...

Happy Birthday. Sorry I missed it. Sounds like the kids and Significant Other didn't and that's what really counts.

TAG

Mom said...

You lead such an exciting and busy life.

Linda said...

Hey--just catching up on blogs! I love that you love my tea, that Tulsi really hits the spot. Holy Basil! Yoga was blissful, glad you were there :) that circle tree pose felt so good I did it with my next 3 classes! Will have to try a circle brave warrior next LOL