Thursday, January 28, 2010

I stayed up for the State of the Union address last night and couldn't help staying up longer to watch a bit of commentary. Now I'm sleepy today. Did he change your feelings about his plans, even a little bit?

Honestly I don't know what the Republicans want - except to have won the last election. I can't imagine that they think we should go back to the financial de-regulation that got us into this mess. I can't imagine that they don't want their own pre-existing conditions covered by insurance. I can't imagine they they want to keep buying oil from the region of the world that fights us the most. I thought they liked tax cuts, so why no applause about the tax cuts on small businesses and the middle class? And will the politicians in the next election wear patches of their corporate sponsors like NASCAR drivers? I just don't get it.

1 comment:

just me said...

I feel like the State of the Union is just so much theatre. The opposing party members always sit on their hands, no matter what the president says - it's the same whether the president is a Democrat or a Republican.

And all the silly jumping up and applauding by the president's own party isn't any better.