Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Well, I threw a tantrum and my kids did perk up a bit. I felt bad about the timing of it. I suppose outbursts, by their nature, are not always perfectly timed and well-said. Anyway, they have all stepped up a bit, and I was reminded of their stress levels too. So many adults making demands on them.

Anyway, my mom called me this morning and scolded me, so the cycle continues. I'm having out-patient surgery this afternoon to remove some of the screws from my ankle and to repair a hammer toe. Mom scolded me for drinking a cup of black coffee when they said no food after midnight. But the surgery isn't til 2pm! How did she know I just poured the cup? I poured it out and took an Excedrin. I must have caffeine.

Why now? Insurance. I'm trying to maximize the benefits of my deductible, which goes back to zero in January. This was the only slot left in the schedule this calendar year. I'll be in a boot for 6 weeks.

So I'll be on narcotics on Christmas morning - possibly. Maybe it won't hurt that bad. I effectively got out of all hostess duties with this one. It will be a wonderful opportunity for my children to take care of me.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I was thinking of you yesterday, I remembered the last time I saw you,you found out that day about your surgery.
You have wonderful kids who you know would do anything for you. It is good for them to see mom is human too. Have a very Merry Christmas and I hope to see you all soon.

just me said...

not to be too cynical - but I hope the "stepping up" lasts more than a day or two!

in any case, I know your sweetie will take good care of you.

see you after the new year!

Tracy said...

I hope the surgery goes well. Some mulled wine and vicodin could make a good combination on Christmas.:-)

Merry Christmas! I'm sure you kids will step up...