Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Had any good Fortune Cookies lately?

Not me. My last one said this:
"Here we go. Low fat. Green Tea. Whole Wheat."

Here we go. Like it knows I'm resisting. How pushy!
And it is not improved by adding "under the covers."

Was it referring to the oil-bathed Lo Mein I had just gobbled? Perhaps the half a Bloomin Onion I tucked in this weekend? Maybe the gumdrop bread my mother is amassing for me. The ginger rum balls I cut out a recipe for?

Are Fortune Cookies like Facebook, with fortunes crafted to fit my particular demographic? Most of my FB ads are for diets.

Anyway, I have slipped off the healthy food bandwagon. It's hard to not be seduced by the convenience, and those delicious carbohydrates and chemicals. So I'm sipping green tea. One step at a time.

3 comments:

just me said...

As I sit here eating an ice cream sandwich at my desk, I have nothing but sympathy for you. I am constantly falling off the wagon :)

Mom said...

Gumdrop cake is food for the soul. it is good for you.

Unknown said...

We all need some push at this time of the year. Im thinking it needs to be some more than a slip of paper inside a COOKIE!
Next week at school it's five days of treats in the teacher's workroom. I need someone to extract the memory of where the workroom is located from my brain.