Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm going to Memphis soon, taking advantage of my sweetheart's federally funded hotel room. He has to go to a conference. I'm going to Graceland. Should I sing at Elvis' grave like the guys in Spinaltap here?



I'm also planning to go the the Civil Rights Museum. The hotel where MLK,Jr. was assassinated has been converted into a museum. So in a way, I guess I'm going on a ghost tour in Memphis.

Has anyone been to Memphis? Do you have any restaurant or club recommendations?

5 comments:

Dtodd said...

I've never been to Memphis, but I've heard that the Rendevous is a famous restaurant. I don't know if famous equals good though. Beale Street is the night club area that I've heard of. "Memphis style" barbecue is my favorite.

Anne said...

cool that you were able to pull out a lot of "C...G..." tags for this post.

Unknown said...

That happens to be only 2 hours from my momma's house. Is this a possiblity for a meet-up?
Nothing like putting you on the spot.

just me said...

how about "country girl?"

John said...

The Peabody Hotel has a nice restaurant in it and that's where they bring the ducks down on the elevator from the roof and they swim in the fountain on the first floor. If your sweeties meals are federally funded as well Folk's Folly Prime Steak House sounds like a good place. too much for my budget though. Also, you want to go down to Beale Street. There are a number of places on Beale that you might like, Silky O'Sullivans, Pig On Beale, Rum Boogie Cafe or Black Diamond. Got to try that Memphis Barbecue.