Friday, October 24, 2008

I was doing a round of hanging up coats, putting away shoes, dishes and school supplies while dancing around to my new Jason Mraz tunes, trying to focus on the fact that I'm happy my kids are here to make a mess at my house. I picked up an unusually high number of rubber bands when I came across these:




What a classic weapon in the arsenal of a middle school student. My son told me there was an all out "hornet" war on the bus.



What did you get in trouble with in Middle School?

7 comments:

Anne said...

nuttin'

just me said...

D has been playing with "hornets" all week. When I asked who taught him this lovely skill, he said DA taught him... aren't you glad to know it wasn't your son?

Unknown said...

When I showed Jack this pic with your post, he instructed me to give you his email address immediately to your son. This is serious fun. He has been driving me crazy with these zinging by my head.
Just in case your son is interested... I'll send it in an email.

Miss Bunny said...

I got suspended in 6th grade with a wad of paper "ammo" in my CPO pocket. I ditched them on the way home and picked them up on the way back after my spankin! We shot them with rubberbands - you weren't allowed to have rubberbands, but I had them to hold my ears in place. :) Was that teacher surprised to see me right back in action!!! Those were the days... bunnies could be bunnies.

AM Kingsfield said...

Wow, maybe I should have been stricter because he did get in trouble at school for this. He says to me, "I didn't know you could get in trouble for that!" So innocent!

Linda said...

whoa-- I am seriously clueless. I have no idea what a "hornet" is.

MarkEC said...

I used to have little rubber bands for my braces.. which when they fell into the wrong hands would get me in trouble.. since I was the only one in school with braces.