Wednesday, October 22, 2008

As the final piece of my daughter's fifteenth birthday present, I took her and two friends to the Jason Mraz concert at DAR Constitution Hall on Monday night. It was so fun watching her enjoy herself with her BFFs. They are all such beautiful girls. If they were the youngest at the concert, I was the oldest. Quite a college crowd there just around the corner from GWU. I am happy to encourage good musical taste in my kids, happy to be moving up from the JoBros and Cheetah Girls.

He's kind of jazzy and did a lot of scat in the concert, drawing the audience into a scat duel. Great brass section of his band, although the drummer with the gnome was intriguing.

Here's a couple of Jason's most popular songs. I bet you already know them.

2 comments:

Mary Kate said...

i'm going to see him tomorrow! he's been my one of my favorites for years now... i'm so excited.

Mom said...

So I had to look up the definition of musical scat. It does not mean the same thing as animal scat. I never heard this music, but it is kind of nice.