Wednesday, May 07, 2008

If you've been following the expanded record of my happenings on my Mom's blog,my Dear One's blog, and my friends' blogs, you'll see that I have been busy!

When I was a kid imagining how wonderful it would be to be the grown up, I hadn't realized how busy I would be once I got here. I never thought about the hours my mom & dad spent on taxi duty, only seeing 1/4 of it. I just remember the places they took me. Those were great places too, so I salute all the Kith & Kin Taxi Drivers - past & present.





I want to tell you about seeing the wild ponies at Assateague Island with the Girl Scouts. Or about the moving burial service at Arlington National Cemetery for Mark's father, about the wonderful way Mark & I celebrated the one year anniversary of our meeting, my son's thirteenth birthday, my daughters' social dramas, my first ever 18 holes of golf, and my recent upsets and openings in my writing career.

But I'm going to go put my ankle on ice and have a glass of wine and listen to John Stewart for now. I'll get back to you soon!

5 comments:

John said...

John Stewart is so wise. You should read his book. "Avoiding Common Pilot Errors. An Air Traffic Controllers view."

just me said...

I couldn't help but focus on the 'social dramas.' E seems to have had more than her share lately. But I must admit that I have very little patience for it, esp when it seems to be of her own making. Not really sure what to do about that.

Mary Kate said...

I love that picture of miss lexie sue!

Unknown said...

Ankle on ice? Are you talking about the broken ankle? Is that a normal occurrance when you have been on it too long?

Congratulations on your one year "Mark".
The girl scout trip sounds very wonderful.
Sounds like mostly good things. Thank goodness.

AM Kingsfield said...

I've just been giving my ankle a good work out lately: gardening, walking, aerobics, and yoga. I'm torn between my instinct to pamper it and to push it.